Sichuan Guangyuan Foreign Language School Administrative Regulations Regarding Foreign Teachers
1. Teaching Requirements for Foreign Teachers
The Foreign Languages School has specialized teaching and researching departments to be in charge of inspection, assessment and supervision of foreign teachers’ routine work. Foreign teachers shall not do part-time jobs outside campus without the school’s permission. Once found out, your contract will be terminated.
2. Routine Management
(1) If you go out of campus, we suggest you be back by 23:00.
(2) If you have guests to stay overnight, you shall report to the International Exchange Department first.
(3) If you need to leave the city, you must notify the International Exchange Office in advance. Besides, after your coming back to school, please inform the International Exchange Department without delay. We strongly suggest that you keep accompany as you go out. And please report to the International Exchange Office about your exit-entry, including to or from Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan so that we can make temporary lodging registration with the local police station.
(4) If you plan to travel on holidays, you shall tell the International Exchange Office one week in advance about your destination. When you are away, keep alert and try to avoid drowning, food poisoning, accidents or belongings loss. We strongly suggest that you have partners. If you go to swim, choose a well-equipped swimming pool. Make sure to bring your contact book in order to keep in touch with the International Exchange Office.
(5) We also suggest that foreign teachers on campus eat in a cafeteria or at your apartments.
(6) When foreign teachers leave upon contract expiring, they are responsible for the sanitation and maintenance of appliances in the apartment offered. The International Exchange Office will audit property checking and confirmation prior to their leaving.
(7) Do not drink or smoke in public places on campus (behave yourself, too)
(8) Do not ask for gifts from students and do not speak rudely.
(9) Take care of all your belongings. If you happen to damage the school’s property, you’ll be fined over 500 RMB according to the contract.
(10) You can refuse any visitors coming later than 9:30 p.m. One student alone (especially female) shall not pay a visit to the foreign teachers’. In case of a visit necessary for teaching’s sake, appointment shall be made with the foreign teacher concerned and two or more people shall register in the duty room.
(11) Do not yell in the foreign teachers’ living quarters.
3. Safety and Security
(1) Foreign Teachers shall not interfere in the internal affairs in China. Foreign Teachers shall abide by laws or regulations in China. Do not go to entertainment places improper for teachers.
(2) Please avoid venturing risky activities or any activities that could cause trouble.
(3) Foreigners in China shall not distribute religious books or articles, or organize underground religious groups...
(4.) Do not conduct dangerous activities.
(5) Before you leave the apartment, please check and turn off all necessary appliances such as taps, lights, gas, heating, door and windows. Be alert to fire alarms or theft potentials. We suggest that you economize on energy resources.
(6) In case you have any trouble or personal threat, you can go to International Exchange Department or School’s Security Department for help, or call 110 for help from the local police.